Friday, March 5, 2010

MARCH kit GUEST DESIGNER!!!!!

March is here!!! Yay!!! March always means a new kit with fresh product from CHA!! We have a fabulous kit using My Minds Eye Quite Contrary papers! This month we had a guest designer who has been a member or participant on our message board for a few years!! I have loved getting to know her and felt an instant bond when i realized she was a mom to 3 boys (like me!) She does an amazing amount of layouts every year and I am so glad to have her aboard. Our guest designer is...... Sheila (smayden)!!!

Here is a bio from her! Please take a moment to comment on your favorite layout from Sheila! My personal favorite is the Friends layout - i love her creative flowers, the white stitching, the circle - EVERYTHING!!

First, I want to give a BIG THANKS to Erica for allowing me this opportunity. I had so much fun with this GREAT kit. I completed seven layouts and have several others completed from the scraps by adding just a few items...such as card stock and alphas!

I have been scrapping for about 16 years after I was invited to a Creative Memories party and I really did not want to attend because I could not conceive the idea of cutting my precious photos! But, I went and I scrapped and I loved it! I have continued to scrap and my scrapping has evolved dramatically since that time as you can probably imagine! I am Mom to three wonderful boys ages 24, 22 and 17 and as you know, they are the subject of most all of my pages. I also scrapped in high school, but it was with the non archival materials and scotch tape. I still have those scrapbooks and maybe someday I will redo them. I think that I have always been a scrapper at heart because I have always saved all kinds of memorabilia.

Personal Scrapper - well, I have to confess...I stalked the website and forums for months before I joined the kit club and shortly thereafter the the forums. I kept wondering if I would like every kit every month or if I might be wasting my money on some months and then the December 2007 kit was posted and I had to have that kit, all other worries aside! I have received every kit since that one and have loved them all! And just so you know, I was also stalking other kit clubs, but never subscribed to any other. Personal Scrapper just "fits" me!

A friend recently sent me a little magnet that says "MY LIFE IS SCRAP" and I think that sums it up!

Erica, thanks again for this wonderful opportunity!


9 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats, Sheila! You did a fabulous job with the kit. I love the roses and your adorable fish!

Addie said...

Your layouts are great Sheila! The Friends one is also my fav and the fish is so cute! I also started with CM! Yes, we have evolved so much since then! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Awesome LO's Sheila!! My favorite one is the "Friends" LO! But I LOVE the fish you made on the Sushi LO!! Sooo cute!

Melanie said...

Super cute layouts Sheila!!!

EmmaJ said...

YAY Sheila! I can't believe how many pages you have been able to do. I really like the Toms Shoes one. I like that you printed stuff off the website and included it on your page.
Great job!

Lisa in Texas said...

LOVE them all Sheila! Congrats and great work! Thanks for the inspiration, can't wait to get my kit now!

Star Rork said...

love them all Sheila, they are all so fun! Great Job!

Genhen said...

Congrats Sheila! All your layouts are so cute! They really show the versatility of the kit!

AmyInKy said...

I love all of the layouts Sheila made. Hey "My life is Scrap" too! ;)