Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scrapbook... Organization

So, anyone that knows me, knows that I do NOT scrapbook in order. I have always had the philosophy to scrapbook whatever I am in the mood for! I do tend to love to start out scrapbooking "new" photos but love the freedom to do it how I want.
After my layouts start to pile up, I do like to put the pages in my albums by year. I did this a few days ago and I learned a few things:
BEFORE:AFTER: (The orange albums were just the Summer layouts!)
1. 2007 was probably my biggest year of layouts! I had 4 thick albums.

2. 2010 is the smallest amount of layouts in years!

3. I remember why I scrapbook! As I sorted the layouts, I had lots of memories and it made me smile. I LOVE to scrapbook!

4. My favorite album manufacturers are WeRMemory Keepers & American Crafts. I love the ring albums because it gives me the flexibility to change the order of the layouts!
So... in 2011:

1. I hope to make more time to scrapbook! I have thousands of photos & product waiting to be used!

2. I may try to keep up in my printing. I love having pictures available!

3. We are going to have more local crops which allows for more scrapbooking (and socializing!)
4. Since I sorted my layouts, I have a pretty good idea of some gaps in my books!
I am going to start by scrapbooking with my friends this Saturday (1/29)! If you want to join us, check out: http://scrapcrop.blogspot.com/2011/01/scrap-crop-january-29-2011.html

7 comments:

Addie said...

Ditto to everything you said! My finished layouts are in piles, need to purchase some albums! I'm going to try the ring albums, those look nice. I look back at layouts and remember why I love to scrapbook and feel like I've missed out on documenting more recent events when I haven't been scrapping! Looking forward to Sat!

kimmcc69 said...

Erica...I am so glad to see I am not the only one that had a large pile of layouts waiting to be put into albums. I also accomplished this task this past week and boy does it feel good. Love how you've color coordinated the albums. And wow...4 books for 1 year. That's awesome that you documented so much for your family. Have fun at your crop this Saturday.

EmmaJ said...

In the past I have scrapbook and put my layouts in albums right away, but this all changed last year. Last year not a single layout made it into an album until December! I really hope to do better this year.

Kelly said...

Oh i know how this feels since I just did the same thing putting all of the layouts I did in 2010 into their albums over winter break! I vowed to keep them up more this year and so far I have - woo! I hope you get a lot accomplished at your crop...wish I lived closer! ;)

Melanie said...

I'm impressed Erica! I need to place mine in albums too :)

Lydia said...

Same here! 3-Ring binders are my favorite for the same reason! My only problem is finding bookshelf space for all my scrapbooks!

Amy Pitts said...

You got so much done! I have been trying to organize and scrap what I want. I do tend to do chronological stuff but if I want to skip something I do. Really enjoying the freedom it gives me.