Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Kit featuring Simple Stories Harvest Lane

Fall is officially here and we have a 
 November kit this month!

I loved a lot of things about this kit.  The papers were GORGEOUS and both sides were awesome.  We added a sticker sheet with 4 different alphabets and various word stickers.  I also loved the felt woolies from Basic Grey.  **Scroll down for a contest!

We had a guest designer this month, Kelly Holifield.  She has been a member for several years and has always created beautiful work on the message board.  I love seeing what she does with our kits.  She is an expert at layering and doing creative pages.  I think my favorite from these 4 was the blessed page.  Thank you Kelly for being part of PersonalScrapper.com!

KELLY's LAYOUTS:




Jenny always does an amazing job of coordinating patterned papers!  Her applesauce pictures went perfectly with the kit!  Love the cute photos on Mia and Logan and how she incorporated the flowers!  Her layouts are always neat and flow so well together.  Awesome job Jenny!

JENNY'S LAYOUTS:





Carrie always amazes me with the awesome things she can do with a kit.  I know her layouts will always be very unique and cool!  She does a great job of layering embellishments and using them in different ways.  Even with the felt basket, she added her own flair with an additional flower and ribbon. She always finds great ways to use photos off of her phone too.  GREAT job Carrie! 

CARRIE'S LAYOUTS:

  




MY LAYOUTS:

I LOVED this kit and can't wait to sit down and scrapbook again!  I have plenty left in my kit after doing these 3 pages!  I had fun cutting out the flowers for the reunion page and loved the variety of layouts that can be done with these papers!



 
** CONTEST - Please leave a comment!  We would love to hear what were your favorite layouts from each designer!  We will be sending out a grab bag of scrapbooking goodies to one lucky person who posted (we will draw on November 11th).

8 comments:

Debi Strain said...

I just love this kit. I love all the fall colors and the embellies...My favorite from Kelly's is her "family" layout. My favorite from Jenny is the one with Mia and Logan. My fav from Carrie is her "family" layout. I think I just really like this paper...and Erica, I love your "reunion" layout...Thanks for sharing!

annamills2001 said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this kit. I have done of this paper line in hand and can't wait to add my own stash to the kit :)
Favorites are:
Kelly - so very blessed
Jenny - Mia and Logsn
Carrie - Nuts for You
Erica - Reunion

Carrie Postma said...

I could NOT get enough of this kit and can't wait to use up every last scrap of it! Way to go Erica on choosing such great kits!!

L. said...

So many great layouts--I can't wait for my kit! I'm so excited to have another Simple Stories line as a kit; I can't get enough of this company! If I had to choose one favorite, I think it would be Kelly's family LO (I love the twist she put on her banner).

Yeah for Personal Scrapper!! Gotta love it!

L. said...

Back again. I missed leaving my other favorites!! :( For Jennie's, I liked Mia and Logan (love the simplicity of both, though!). My fave of Carrie's was So Very Blessed. As for Erica's, I just can't decide between Reunion and Soccer; I loved them both!

Thanks again for all the inspiration! I think I'll go admire my kit some more now. :)

Sheila Mayden said...

Congrats to Kelly on guest designing...so much fun! Makes me jealous!
Loving this kit. Love all the embellies...My favorite from Kelly is her family layout. My favorite from Jenny is Mia and Logan. My fav from Carrie is her family layout. Erica, loving your reunion layout.

Lisa in Texas said...

These are all great, such wonderful talent here on PS! My favs are Kelly: So very blessed, Carrie- Nuts about you, Jenny- Mia and Logan and Erica I LOVE LOVE the soccer layout, I like the heart cut out and how you placed it over the photo, I have added these all to my "to lift" file! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

Carrie said...

For starters they are all great! But if I had to choose one I would say;
Kelly- the family page
Jenny-Mia and Logan page
Carrie the nuts for you just cracks me up.
Erica- the Reunion page where you cut out the flowers I just love!!!!