Tuesday, January 8, 2008

JANUARY GUEST DESIGNER: HEATHER LOUGH!


We had a contest for guest designer in November and Heather Lough won! Heather has been a member of Personalscrapper and has created some fantastic layouts! We are so excited to show you her creations.

Here is a little bio from Heather:

I am a wife of 11+ years to Dale whom I met at college (I was his TA :)). We both worked as consulting engineers at the same company until I had our daughter almost 7 years ago. Other than teaching a few fitness classes each week, I now stay home with my 3 kids, Hannah (7), Justin (5), and Owen (18 months).

I have always loved taking photographs, but I didn't start scrapbooking until I was pregnant with my daughter. At first I didn't really think I was creative enough for scrapbooking, but I kept at it and started looking at magazines and increasing my skill and developing my own style. Being trained as an engineer, I have a very methodical thought process, and that transfers over into my scrapbooking with layouts that have pretty clean lines, although I am always trying to push myself out of my comfort zone and challenge myself to not be so linear.

With my ever increasing interest in scrapbooking, I started going to conventions and retreats. I met Erica and the PS crew in Bellevue, WA at the CKC convention in October 2005. I fell in love with the kits and signed up and haven't looked back. After joining the message board, my scrapbooking went to a new level. I started scrapbooking more than ever at home. The boards give me so much motivation, inspiration, and encouragement. I love these gals.

My goal for the coming year is to challenge myself to get more layouts done than I ever have in a year and to also continue to submit for publication and join design team contests. While those things are not my main goals, I feel that in doing them, I push myself to do the best work that I can. The most important part, though, is seeing how much joy my husband and kids get out of looking at our scrapbooks. My daughter already loves to scrapbook and does such an awesome job at her young age, and my 5-year old son also loves scrapbooking but really has picked up on photography. If I can pass those things onto them, then that will be the biggest reward.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Heather!! Love your LO's--the Snow Sleepy turned out fab!

--Mel

Anonymous said...

Heather, congrats on GD. Your LO's are fantastic. THe Snow Sleepy turned out great and on the HOP ON POP, well that is too cute.

Arla

Addie said...

Congrats Heather! Great layouts!

EmmaJ said...

Heather, the pages look great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heather! I am new to PS--but, am already lovin' this site! I am excited to see your creations--and love what you'vve done so far! Lori

Unknown said...

Congrats Heather! Very cute

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heather! Your LO's look great, I love the hop on pop lo title--it is perfect for those pics!

Carrie Postma said...

YEAH Heather! Its so great to have you a part of our team this month! You have a great style...keep up the inspiration Girl!

Heidi said...

Way to go Heather! Your pages always look GREAT! Glad to have you aboard! :)

:corinne: said...

My hats off to you Heather! Congratulations. Beautiful layouts girlfriend!!!

Melissa said...

Heather you know how cool you are. I already scraplifted the hop on pop!