Sunday, November 2, 2008

NOVEMBER REVIEW

This was a super fun line to use for a November kit! It is bright colors and fun patterns! I love their 2-sided papers, it really stretches my kit!!!

I loved the bright orange pumpkins so I wanted to keep this one simple!
My niece's shirt had the perfect stripes for this paper! I put each letter of the title on its own paper and drew a line around it. I also used my xacto to cut the patterned paper for the frame around the photo.
This sheet of paper felt really girly to me so I scrapbooked a few photos of Andrew and his cousin Kayla. I used the frame and painted it white. I added some of the super cool velvet flowers and leaves! I also used some of the droplets from KaiserCraft. They are a really cool embellishment!

Ezra is doing a great "cheese" now! I loved putting this photo in Sepia and then just cutting around this patterned paper. I used the rubons in different sections of the paper. These letters are pretty big so I overlapped them to make them fit better and I like the effect!
I have recently realized that I barely scrapbooked the year 2005. I found out I was pregnant with Ezra that year and I didn't scrap much so I am going back! Here are some pumpkin patch pictures from that year. This orange paper with the circles is one of my favorite pieces!
OK - Just so you know this is MY FAVORITE NEW PHOTO!! It may be on my Christmas Card so you may see this again. I took it with my new camera and love it. i wanted this page to be all about the photo! So I used the patterned paper with 6 droplets. I framed the photo with cardstock and added the title. Clean and simple!

Cameron is such a great sport about letting me take photos! He has a great smile and I love his eyes! I stapled the ribbon, punched out cirlces for the title and a few other circles of patterned paper. I also framed the side of the photo with the droplets. They are fun to use! Too bad it got cut off in the scan!
This is used from the November add-on. What you can't see in this scan is that the paper is full of glitter :) I love this photo from the kids hanging in the neighborhood! It was easy to scrap with this add-on!
This page is using the PaperTrunk Wrangler papers from our add-on! I am so lucky because my great friend, Carrie owns PaperTrunk as well as designs for PersonalScrapper! I get to be one of the lucky ones to see the papers before they come out :) :) This paper is fun to scrap with! My scanner scanned it more yellow than cream. I love all of the little patterns in this paper!!!

Well there you have it! So far I have done 7 with the kit and 2 with the add-on. I still have stuff left. The only thing I dipped into was another alphabet set from my stash but I still have enough to do a few more layouts.
*Leave a comment on my blog and tell me what layout is your favorite and why. I will pick a winner on Friday and send you some goodies!!!








28 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the first one, My Brother, I love the simplicity of the layout with the vibrant colors and wonderful photos of your boys. They look so happy!

Anonymous said...

I loved them all but the one I like most it is Blessed and it is because it is simple and focus is on the picture (as you said). The picture is so cute it reminds me of my three boys. I guess that is why I am more drawn to it.

Teresa Barnett

Anonymous said...

It is tough to just choose one LO. They are all fabulous! The Blessed LO is my favorite though. I am all about the photos and this LO has such a beautiful picture of your boys. How did you get them all to smile and look at you at the same time? :) Simple, classic LO. The picture and how you made that the focus says it all. Love it!

Leslie said...

I love the Blessed LO. Your boys are gorgeous and all the papers from this months kit are wonderful!

Lee's said...

Love that photo of all your kids in "Blessed".
My fave tho is your girly lo of Meagan, I guess I'm just more drawn to the girly colors;)

Maria

AmyInKy said...

I love the cousin 2005 layout - I loved how you took a "girly" paper and made it work for your boys'. All of the LOs are great. I can't wait to receive the kit!

Anonymous said...

It was so difficult to choose just one! I love the photo of the boys in Blessed and the glitter paper in the add on layout. I have to say though that I love the pumpkin patch Fir layout because you did a great job at making older photos look great! I love the use of the brown cardstock with the bright colours - it really makes them pop!

Deanna (wildflower150 from PS)

Lisa said...

Erica, all the layouts ROCK...can't wait to get my kit! I especially like the Megan page, as I love the way you cut out the frame, it really looks neat, I would never have thought to do that, and may try it. I also liked BLESSED, the photo is so super cute and I love the simplicity of it, that paper is my fav out of all the ones in this kit. Lisa

Anonymous said...

These layout are wonderful. I like the Megan layout the best. Great way to do the frame.

I can't wait to get my kit.

Arla

Anonymous said...

I love the Cameron layout! There are lots of great elements and features that contribute to the very cool layout...the droplets, staples, ribbon and photo mats. And I love the bubbles with his name placed down the paper. VERY CUTE!!

Addie said...

My favorite was Blessed, what a great photo! You should frame that one for your house! But the Sweet layout had a fun funky feel, very cool! You did great!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am going to be totally honest and say I don't have a favourite...they are all beautiful!

Unknown said...

beautiful beautiful papers. do I seriously need to pick a favorite?? LOL. I do have to say that "sweet" jumped out at me with the vibrant colors and that picture-how fun and innocent!!!

Anonymous said...

have you seen this site to add glitter http://www.blingeasy.com

:corinne: said...

Great layouts Erica! My fave is your "sweet" layout. I love the picture and angle it was taken and all the funky embellies and background paper make it fun and come alive!

Amy Pitts said...

Wow!!! This paper is cute and so fun. I cannot wait to get it. Amy :)

Linda said...

I am loving the November kit, I can't wait to get mine....... all of the lO's look fab..
Linda (Karina)

Rachel V. said...

They are all wonderful, but I love how you used the pp in the "Cheese" LO! That new photo of your boys is just priceless. They just keep growing and growing!

EmmaJ said...

I love the Fir Point one with all those bright pumpkins! I love especially the family shot at the top of the page.

Star Rork said...

wow, you have been busy. I love the blessed Lo, that is a great picture. Unusual to get all of them looking so cute at the same time!

*Suzy* said...

So hard to pick a favorite. I'm going with the 3 Stars .... the paper with the stars drew me to it. The paper looks 'western' and I'm all about western paper!

Nora said...

Wow, Erica! I have such a hard time choosing! I'm too busy focusing on the pictures of the boys! So I guess my favorite would be the Blessed one! Great picture of the 3 of them and the page doesn't take away from the picture! Wish I had more time to scrap and that we lived closer so we could hang out more often! Lord knows I'm WAY behind on scrappin'!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these layouts!! I like BLESSED the best too. I love B&W photos and also love enlarged. So that immediately draws me. Then the layout is just simple...sometimes that's all it needs to be.

Joni Parker

Anonymous said...

I love them all, your sons are so handsome! However the Megan layout is my favorite! I love the bright colors, the title work and the frame you made with the pp!

Unknown said...

Adorable LOs and I love, love, love the colors of the November kit! Awesome!

Unknown said...

I liked the whole thing. You have a real talent for this. I am looking forward to being able to scrap the massive amounts of pictures I have.

I like the simple. I am not a journalling type of scrapper, so my scrapping tends to have the pictures say the most.

Angela said...

I love this kit all the way around. It is one of my top favorites of the year.

Anonymous said...

Awesome layouts Erica. This is such a great kit. The colors are so bright and vibrant. I've put together 11 layouts with this kit.

Dawn Wheeler