Sunday, March 1, 2009

The fabulous March kit is now for sale!! It is an awesome kit! I will review it on the next post but first I want to introduce our AWESOME, COOL, AND FABULOUS guest designer! Many of you know who she is! She is has been a "face" that we all know at Scenic Route and published numerous times in all publications. Not only that but she is super sweet in person! I have got to meet her several times over the past few years at shows. She is very outgoing and a great person. It's........ LAYLE KONCAR!!!

Here is a little bio about her and the FIVE layouts she completed with the March kit!

Hi guys! Layle Koncar here. I've been scrapbooking in one form or another for the past 11+ years when my first son was born and jumped at the chance 3 years ago to take on scrapbooking as a real job! My scrap subjects are my 2 boys; since I don't have daughters to scrap, I like to get my pink, girly fix in by scrapping photos from my childhood. I've been teaching for the last 5 years and truly enjoy the travel and the connections with other scrapbookers that comes with it. My work has been published in Creating Keepsakes, Better Homes and Gardens Scrapbooks Etc., Memory Makers, Paper Crafts, Legacy, Scrapbook Trends, Paper Trends and Pinecone Press. I authored and contributed to the book Memory Art and am a regular contributor to Paper Crafts books and special issues. In addition to scrapbooking, I LOVE interior decorating, skiing, reading, traveling, shopping, going to flea markets and spending time with my hubby Nick and my 2 rambunctious boys Jack and Sam.



Wow - aren't those fabulous! Please post which one is your favorite!

I don't even know if I can pick a favorite.
Love the circles in the first one!
Love the picture of the boys in get happy!
The pant suit one is classic - love the titel and all the cute touches.
I love the tree in the bed one and the story behind that layout!
Love the mixture of papers, rubons, etc. in No Doubt.
Layle - You did a FABULOUS job! THANK YOU!!
Here is a link to her blog: http://laylekoncar.typepad.com/

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is tough to pick just one, but I think my favorite has to be bed dude. I love the topic and that she thought to scrap about it and I love the layout, especially the tree.

Thanks for sharing...this is awesome!

AmyInKy said...

Love all the layouts - I'm a huge fan of Layle's work. I guess if I had to pick one as a favorite, it would be "get happy." As a mom of two boys also, I can really appreciate the photo she captured and her journaling.

Lisa in Texas said...

All of Layle's layouts are awesome! If I had to pick my fav, it would be BED DUDE, love the story and I like the way she used the tree on this layout...Great job Layle! Can't wait to get this kit and start playing! Thanks for bringing us another great kit Erica!

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is VERY hard to pick just one-but I think that "nice pant suit" is my fave. I like the pretty butterfly that is journaled on, and the story is neat!

Melanie said...

They are all great!!! My fave was the Get Happy layout. I'm soooo excited to get my kit!

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is all great...I love Layle's style!

Anonymous said...

I must say- I do not follow many blogs but Layle's is one of the blogs I check on frequently becaue i Love her style! All of her layouts came out fabulous and although they all look different- you can tell they are her layouts- just her style. Its hard to pick a favorite but if I must it would be the pantsuit. I love the vintage pic with that diecut- her cardstock scalloped at the ends to flow into the die cut and the journaled butterfly!
Thanks Layle and of course Erica for another great kit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much you guys! What a fabulous kit this month, Erica, I had a blast playing! Thanks for inviting me to be your guest designer this month!

Star Rork said...

WOW those are awesome. I think get happy was my favorite. I love the photo and how it was layered over the 2 papers....ahh they are all awesome. And im going to have to go see if we are getting those awesome labels in our kit.

EmmaJ said...

I have totally scraplifted your Get H@ppy layout already! I just love that design.

Unknown said...

Love them all!! My fav is the circles one and I will most def be lifting that one!! I can't wait to get the kit!!

Carrie said...

Love them. SO fun to see her touch with the kit!

:corinne: said...

Congratulations Layle on PS's guest designer. Love the layouts!