Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 12 - Carrie...

My design team has always been a very special part of my business.  As a team, we scrapbooked our lives together.  I want to tell the stories of my designers :)

Today we will start with Carrie :)

It is a funny story on how I met Carrie.  I was on an online scrapbooking forum (way back when they were foreign).  My memory is starting to fade so i don't even know which one it was?  I found a fellow scrapbooker in the same town I live in.  So we wrote each other.  I am not sure how long it took before we realized we live about 12 houses away from each other!!  I was still fairly new to the neighborhood and with small children :)
   We instantly connected!  Not only on the love of scrapbooking but as friends for life! 

Scrapbooking with Carrie -
   Carrie has a very unique style.  I can always count on her to do something different and out of the box!  She always thinks of new and creative ways to use the kits!  I look forward to seeing what she does with the kit every single month!   There are many times that we are whipping layouts out the night before we put them together.  I can always count on Carrie to get at least 3 layouts done no matter how short of time she had the product and/or what crazy busy lives we have!

Scrapbooking Facts:

  • Designed since December 2004
  • She has been part of 89 kits
  • Carrie designed papers for her own company, PaperTrunk, as well as still designed for Personalscrapper during that time.
  • We have held numerous crops and attended shows in Las Vegas, Chicago, Anaheim, Portland, Bellevue (and don't forget Roseburg) together.
  • We have so many funny inside joke scrapbooking memories together....
  • Carrie has been instrumental on the message board and lots of fun challenges we have done on there.
  • We love to brainstorm business ideas together also.

We are very fortunate because not only do we work well togeher but we became good friends.  I know i can count on Carrie for more than just business stuff.  We can count on each other for the ups, downs, need help with kid swapping, walking our dogs and life in general.

I thank GOD that Carrie and I met.

I know for a fact that many of you have scraplifted several of Carrie's creative layouts on the idea sheet.

Please leave her some comments :)

Love you Carrie!  Thank you for being part of this awesome PersonalScrapper Journey!

2005 MemoryTrends

2007 Anaheim CHA

2010 Bellevue CK


Carrie's June 2012 Layout

AppleSauce


The layout created with only items from the show :)

8 comments:

Addie said...

Yay Carrie! What a funny story on how you met! I always figured you were friends because you were in the same neighborhood! I've always loved your layouts thru the years! And it's been great to meet you in person and see your family grow thru the years!

Lisa in Texas said...

I have loved seeing Carrie's layouts each month with my kit! I personally have lifted MANY of her layouts and always am inspired by her scrappy style and creativity! What a blessing to have such an awesome friendship!

Amy Pitts said...

Oh I love Carries layouts and challenges. She always has the best ideas!

Lydia said...

That is a great story, it is funny how things work out. Carrie, you are super creative and I always look forward to your layouts and I remember that applesauce line and thought you were so lucky to design pattern paper, then when you started Papertrunk I was so incredible happy for you. (and I happy to tell the locals about your line and how I know the owner,lol). I look forward to seeing your next endeavor because it will be bigger and better :)

Carly said...

Carrie- you are one of the funniest, easy-going people I've ever met! I am constantly inspired by your creations and out-of-the-box thinking! So happy you are part of the PS family too!

Kelly said...

Oh what a great story! I've loved Carrie's layouts too - always so unique and inspiring! :)

Nancy M in NJ said...

That's really neat, to meet online and find out you are so physically close to each other. Very cool :)

Melanie said...

I'm so glad that I was able to meet Carrie at the CK Convention! I loved your Paper Trunk Kraft Paper Trunk line and the alphas. You are one talented gal and I look forward to seeing your layouts each month the PS kit!